This happened fast. The next MinneDemo (in Minneapolis) is May 7, 2009. Again great platform to meet people (building your network) and great for learning about some new products. Register here - https://minnedemo.org/
Thursday, May 7th
Get ready for another MinneDemo!
MinneDemo is the Twin Cities’ premier technology demo and networking event. Come for the demos, stay for the beer and conversation. We will be back at Intermedia Arts, a cool art/performance space in Uptown’s Lyn-Lake neighborhood.
Date: Thursday, May 7th
Time: Demos start at 7pm
Attendees: All are welcome! Please RSVP.
Free Beer & Soda
Since MinneDemo is not at a bar this time, we’re brining in kegs, and it’s all free. Be sure to tip your bartenders. If you need to go all night, there’s tons of bars in the area.
The free drinks come courtesy of our sponsors:
We are honored to be presenting this event with our venue partner, Intermedia Arts.
Interested in sponsoring a future MinneDemo? Contact Ben Edwards.
We will have 10 7-minute demos. The rules are simple: 7 minutes. Real working software. NO POWERPOINT! Please contact Luke Francl if you are interested in presenting.
- ShortJournal — an open source developer journal with a REST API (Zach Johnson)
- Skimmer — a lifestreaming app created by Fallon and Sierra Bravo that brings together your Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube streams (Chris Wiggins of Fallon and Chris Black of Sierra Bravo)
- Zeplay — a kick-ass multi-channel HD instant replay video server for live sports events (John Reilly)
- tinyEscrow — Source code escrow for programmers, not for lawyers. (Corey Thompson)
- Extendr — one link to rule all links. (Joseph Rueter)
INTERMISSION (30 minutes)
- SightWare and SmartWatch — SightWare is an RFID inventory system that integrates with the SmartWatch web application to provide real-time inventory management (Harley Feldman)
- Cloudquad — a web-based student information system designed to streamline the daily workflow of school administrators, faculty, parents, and students while connecting the school community through basic tools for social interaction. (Kevin Whinnery)
- Chartypes — an online system for plot/character diagramming, for story writers. (Darcy Murphy)
- Pen Manufactory — design your own pen using an online CAD program, then have as many as you want custom manufactured using computer controlled milling equipment. (Joseph Hoover)
Stay in Touch!
Please join our announce-only mailing list to keep up with the latest MinneDemo and MinneBar events news.
We also have a discussion list for general Twin Cities-area tech event discussion.